Sound effects should have a sample rate of 32000Hz to give it that SNES feel..
The music should FEEL like it's FM synthesis, it doesn't necessarily have to be true FM syth but the player shouldn't notice it's not. (The Opening theme is an exception to this)
The in game stuff should have the feel of an old time radio drama or record.(put a filter on the audio at runtime? can we do it everything or will is clause if put on the chip-tuneish music?) The meta game should have a (S)NES feel to preserve the "Magic Circle".
The feel of the sound design should make one feel that "Sleeping Beauty on the Balcony" was written as fanart of this game https://youtu.be/xSjYh3a-ov8 Ideally would would do a male vocal cover of 'Talent for Love' for the "Adventuring with a WoMon(though life and the wilderness)" theme. https://youtu.be/1pMy_NBO4PU
- 1 sound track notes
- 2 Sound effects
- 3 intimate relationships
- 4 songs
- 4.1 misc inspiration
- 4.2 Title screen and continuing while you login and select your character. until you start actually playing your char(override the usual level loading music)
- 4.3 Background Musics
sound track notes
We're going to a 80's to early 90's pop feel to the music, like Tenchi Muyo! OVAs and the Canadian cartoon series The Raccoons. The over all feel should light 80's pop. with more modern disco-pop(like ) for the higher energy music.
I think your right on "Cute" and "Warm" for the Dating Sim part I think the RPG(Explore&Combat) part should have a defend feel from the dating sim part of the game(Something like the Dragon Warrior(NES) game or the Official AD&D soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzs8JlFHUyIPl4s61AzNivoH469TiWwr ) "Adventurous" and "Epic"(but not "grandiose epic" You family and fiends are going to tell your tales but your not going to make the history books. more like Fratelli Chase https://youtu.be/vgdrzdgjaTU?t=63)
No. The interaction during the day isn't only if there's a special event. you play each activity you planned like a game of Prom Week.
Note: these this need a sound effect that feels appropriate to the action. but these don't have to be unique for that action. They should have 3 to 5 variations so we can Wang Tile them so they don't rave a repeating pattern
For the Combat scenes Top priority should be for the player's footsteps, should be leather soled boots in keeping with the medieval fantasy setting; but does that match peoples expectations? do that think that it should sound like the sneakers that wear iRL? Paws (Siberian tiger if you need to be specific reference. but anything that sound like a paw step of a human sized biped should do)and hooves(I'm think cow or hourse), and Talons(for birds, I think ostrich steps) for their WoMon
Foot steps should sound good when looped by the engine right after each other.
- Foot steps on dirt
- foot steps on forest floor covered by leaves
- Foot Steps on Wood floor
- Foot steps on marble floor
- A generic physical attack sound effect.
- generic miss sound effect(I'm thinking the swish of sword)
- generic action queued
- combat action queued
- magic action queued
- movement action queued
- thieve action queued
- metal sword attack(leather armor or plain cloths)
- metal sword striking wood shield
- metal sword striking metal shield
- metal sword striking metal armor
- wooden club attack(leather armor or plain cloths)
- wooden club striking wood shield
- wooden club striking metal shield
- wooden club striking metal armor
- stone club attack(leather armor or plain cloths)
- stone club striking wood shield
- stone club striking metal shield
- stone club striking metal armor
- bare handed attack on leather or plain clothes
- bare hand striking wood shield
- bare hand striking metal shield
- bare hand striking metal armor
- Hoof attack on leather armor or plan cloths
- hoof striking wood shield
- hoof striking metal shield
- hoof sticking metal armor
- Metal tool striking a nice and barky tree.
- stone tool striking a nice and barky tree.
- axe chopping(one hit per variant) down a tree, the strikes in the middle of the process after you're clear the bark.
- tree falling over(pine tree)
- small rock thats skittering across a stone floor(like the chips that brake off when using the pick to mine.. Going to be uses when the mining activity produces a ore drop.)
- fist striking wood
- hoof striking wood
- wood tool striking wood(club or staff)
- metal tool striking wood(sword or axe)
- stone tool striking wood(stone axe or club)
- tilling soil(should designed to be looped by the engine)
- digging(one shovel full per variant) in soil with shovel(it thin just a typical metal shovel cutting into the earth then tossing the dirt aside)
- mining(one hit per variant) with metal tool(pick against stone)
- mining(one hit per variant) with stone tool(harder stone like granite pick against softer stone like sandstone)
- generic stone tool braking during use
- generic wood tool braking during use
- generic metal tool braking during use
- stone tipped pick braking while mining
- metal tipped pick braking while mining
Sound like speaking trigger words the cracking of energy. swishing of wind blowing. leaving rustling. devine trumping blowing, etc.
- generic chanting to cast a spell
- generic casting a buff spell
- generic casting a healing spell
- generic casting a debuff/harmful spell
- generic casting a spell that sends bolt at something
- generic casting a spell that makes something appear
types are Primal(like druid magic), Holy(priest/cleric magic), Divine(Gods innate magic), infernal(devils innate magic), Arcane(Wizards), Qi(supernational martial arts), Air(wind and lightning), fire, water, earth( s shovel cutting into soil, dirt avalanche, stones grinding against each other)
- chanting to cast a <type>spell(saying a matra or chant for Qi)
- casting a buff <type>spell
- casting a healing <type> spell
- casting a debuff/harmful <type> spell
- casting a <type> spell that sends bolt at something
- casting a <type> spell that makes something appear
- casting a Holy spell of blessing.
- casting a Infernal Curse
- preforming a generic Qi ability without using a mantra or chant.
- primal calling the forces of nature
- primal restoring/replenishing the forces of nature
- reached Acquaintance Stage in a relationship
- intimate relationship grows stronger
- intimate relationship weakens
- intimate relationship reaches new milestone
- intimate relationship loses a milestone.
- reach Intimate Friends Stage in a relationship.
- 'The Power of Love:her side' the WoMon Beta Bonds to her tamer outside or sex.(for the WoMon's perspective)
- 'The Power of Love:his side' the WoMon Beta Bonds to her tamer outside or sex.(for the tamer's perspective)
- "Entering The Sacred Circle": entering a sex scene:I think some like the auditory equitant to the Dolly-Zoom ,not a jump cut, at the start of sex scenes to signify the important that the choices made to have/continuing having and how you preform sexual intercourse are vary import to you and your partner's mental and spiritual health. The Sacred Circle like Magic Circles a space in which the normal rules and reality of the world are suspended and replaced.
- "Returning to your regular life" End sex scene.
- female cry of great pleasure during sexual intercourse
- male cry of great pleasure during sexual intercourse
- female cry of orgasm
- male cry of orgasm
- female cry signing that their partner did something to her that's putting her out or the mood during sexual intercourse
- male cry signing that their partner did something to her that's putting her out or the mood during sexual intercourse
- Reading outload to trigger a scroll to invoke the effect of a spell
- the WoMon Beta Bonds to her tamer during sexual intercourse.(for the WoMon's perspective)
- the WoMon Beta Bonds to her tamer during sexual intercourse.(for the tamer's perspective)
- 'A Bond Beyond Words:her side' a feral WoMon Beta Bonds to her tamer during sexual intercourse.(for the WoMon's perspective)
- 'A Bond Beyond Words:his side' a feral WoMon Beta Bonds to her tamer during sexual intercourse.(for the tamer's perspective)
Hyper Potions - Friends (Sonic Mania Opening Animation Song) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEboG4LnUBI
Title screen and continuing while you login and select your character. until you start actually playing your char(override the usual level loading music)
- WoMon Opening Theme
This should be a orchestral rather than the more chiptune 'Game Music' of the rest of the. This should use a sampler not the FM synth of the rest of the music of the game.
The WoMon opening theme should tell the story of: 1 Finding your self in a strange and wonderful world. 2 Finding your place in the new world. 3 Studying at the academy to learn your place in the new world. 4 finding your life partner. 5 Exploring the world together. 6 achieving your Magnum Opus. 7 Retirement(Pass on the torch and taking it easy but still working to make the world better).
2 Finding your place in the new world
3 studying at the academy to learn your place in the new world
This should end with a grand epic part to signify your Thesis Defense/DADA final dual/etc.
5 exploring the world together
This should start with a light 80's pop feel to signify your doing the prep work of getting ready for your adventures("Onsen Repairs" https://youtu.be/pVPWGc1HwaY for inspiration) then move to an epicness like Alliance - Apocalypse Tomorrow https://youtu.be/rUHB-KPV7pc to signify your hopes, dreams and ambitions on going out into the world after finishing your training at the acadamy.
- "Good morning"/"lets plan the day" For the task scheduling part of the game take inspiration from Forevermore https://youtu.be/G2VbcFdwQqw
The next six are for the PromWeek style game.
While the game breaks the only into 3 8hours blocks the music with have a noon period for the last 2 hours of morning and the first two hours of evening
- Night 8pm-4am
- Morning 4am to 10Am
- Noon 10am to 2pm
- Evening 2pm to 8pm
- Normal Morning scenes music(https://opengameart.org/content/cutie-pie)
- Normal Noon Scenes music
- Normal Evening scenes music(Staffan Carlen - Lose With You https://youtu.be/DfjGowP-LeM ; Elijah N_-_Fall Into Pieces(not the lyrics but the melody) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbjKVdiM-io)
- Normal Night scenes music(The Weeknd_-_ Blinding Lights https://youtu.be/4NRXx6U8ABQ; Doja Cat_-_Say So https://youtu.be/pok8H_KF1FA; BTS_-_'Dynamite' https://youtu.be/gdZLi9oWNZg)
- special Morning scenes music
- special Noon scenes Music
- special Evening scenes music
- special Night scenes music
- sex scene:(Should give you a feeling that you're carefully making an important decision that with set the course of the rest of your life but also that your 'in the zone' so will nail it) For inspiration listen to Alchemy Of Love https://youtu.be/JEfir8C59Pc
Explore and Combat
- generic Battle music
- Surprise Battle music
- good well battle music
- your currently selected char is seriously injured or near death.
- your currently selected char is ok but another char you control is seriously injured or near death.
- 'Your in over your head' Thing are going badly battle music.
- generic report screen
- Exploration without combat report theme
- Exploration with combat encounter with we won and all survived report theme
- Exploration with combat encounter with a part member dying report theme
- Exploration with combat encounter with we loosed but all survived report theme
- Exploration with combat encounter with Total Party Killed report theme
Direct to combat encounters is things like duals or training matches.
- Direct to combat encounter we won and all survived report theme
- Direct to combat encounter with a part member dying report theme
- Direct to combat encounter with we loosed but all survived report theme
- Direct to with combat encounter with Total Party Killed report theme